With an advertising audience of around 1.1 billion, Instagram has become an essential promoting platform for brands. The potential reach of marketing on Instagram remains on the rise. Read this article for tips to refine your online marketing strategy.
Use a business account
The first step is to create a business account as it lets you use features a personal account doesn’t have:
- Primary & secondary inboxes.
- It lets you access a call to action button and contact information on your profile. Call to action buttons allow your followers to take direct actions like ordering food or buying tickets for an event.
- Instagram ads; an excellent way to get your products in front of new audiences. You can advertise via the feed, stories, or explore. You can target your ads using factors such as age, location, interest.
- Instagram shop; a feature that allows you to make an online store within Instagram. There is a view shop button on your Instagram profile page so fans can visit your shop without having to go to a specific post. Auto highlighting saves all posts with product tags to your Stories so customers can see them for more than 24 hours. Over 100 million users tap shopping posts every month, so there is a high demand for them.
- Instagram Insights; to learn from your mistakes and improve on what you’re doing right, study the information compiled on Instagram Insights.
Perfect your Profile
An Instagram bio has a 150 character limit, but it has to get the viewer’s attention on the first read despite this. It also has to express your brand persona and explain to people why they benefit from following you. That’s a lot to convey with 150 characters. You have to ask yourself what your brand stands for and what your target audience is. Will you go for something funny, a quote, or something cool? If you’re not very well known, your bio should reflect what your business is about. Only well-known brands can get away with not talking about what their company does. Make sure to take all of this into account.
Post aesthetically pleasing pictures
Instagram is a visual medium, so your posts being well-lit, well-focused, and well-composed is the minimum. Infographics and animations should be concise, easy to read, and eye-catching. Try to post videos, reels, and behind-the-scenes photos. The latter engages more people as it tells a story and tells them more about your work.
Choose a fitting profile photo
This should ideally be your logo as it gives you validity & authenticity. Make sure your whole logo is visible in your profile photo.
Write compelling captions
Although Instagram is a visual means of communication, your brand voice is as important as your brand look. Ensure your captions are compelling, informative, entertaining, and relevant to the picture.
Employ these marketing tips on your Instagram page and watch your brand reputation & reach rise. Remember, having a clear idea of what your brand does and represents is essential for any of these.